Apple Cinnamon Baked French Toast
1 lb Loaf French bread
Nonstick cooking spray
8 lg Eggs; slightly beaten
3 1/2 c Skim milk
1 c Sugar; divided
1 tb Vanilla extract
6 md Apples;peel/core/thin slice
3 ts Ground cinnamon
1 ts Ground nutmeg
1 tb Butter
1. Slice bread into 1 1/2-inch slices. Coat a 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and tightly pack bread into pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together eggs, milk, 1/2 cup sugar and the vanilla. Pour half of the egg mixture over the bread slices.
3. Evenly distribute apple slices over bread. Top with remaining egg mixture.
4. In a small bowl combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples. Dot with butter. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. The next day, uncover pan and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Printer friendly version: Apple Cinnamon Baked French Toast
Click Back to return here.